masala: the international spice
Flavor your world with masala


Monday, September 29
 



Top 10 playoff (not World Series) baseball games
Check out #6. That defined my childhood. I was 12, a rabid Braves fan, and watching Game 7 of the NLCS. Hanging on every pitch... well, until my parents said, "Ok, looks like the Braves lost, time to go to bed" and shut off the TV. I could fight against them, but they said it in such a resigned way, looking back, I should've done something, but by that time they had already defeated me. The next day they woke me up, excited, shouting something about the Braves coming back with 2 outs in the 9th and winning. I was excited, clearly I was excited, but also a bit shaken and disteressed by the fact that I wasn't there - I wasn't hunched in front of the TV as I had been all season.