masala: the international spice
Flavor your world with masala


Saturday, March 13
 
I am Indian. I am American. I do customer support.
Source: Salon.com

"I work from a cubicle in San Francisco, but I could easily telecommute from Omaha -- or Bombay.
A few subscribers have tentatively mentioned that I have a beautiful name, or that they loved
Bend It Like Beckham, but this was the first caller to call me out on the absurdity of my position.
An American-born Indian doing call-center work in California? "

Added March 17 :
Sec of State Powell assures Indians that outsourcing will continue
Source: Seattle Times

Powell assures Indians in Delhi that outsourcing will continue, but says India should become more
open. Indian students say America should outsource voting because of America's lagging technology.