masala: the international spice
Flavor your world with masala


Friday, March 11
 



I'm going to come up with my own content soon. Anyway, from Wired:

Goofy Thief
Next time you're planning to knock over a corner store, ditch the Disney disguise. A wannabe thief who put on a Pluto mask before walking into a Pennsylvania mini-mart and demanding money got nothing but laughter from the cashier, who initially thought the whole thing was a joke. "I noticed he had a pellet gun and I'm still laughing," said the worker. "'What are you going to do, shoot me with a pellet gun?' He was like, 'Oh, OK.' Then he left." A police officer cautioned against laughter as a crime deterrent, however, saying things could have turned out badly. "Pluto could have been a strung-out heroin addict," said the cautious cop. "You never know."
-- Lewis Wallace